A new virus is spreading in China. Learn English vocabulary about this news story in BBC News Review.
International concern is growing about a new virus that has spread rapidly across China. Several people have died and authorities have confirmed it can be spread person-to-person with hundreds infected so far. Watch this!
For a quiz and to download the audio, go to our website:
A fourth person has died in China from a new virus that has spread rapidly across the country. The 89-year-old man is the latest victim of the illness that causes a type of pneumonia. Authorities have now confirmed it can be spread person-to-person with 200 infected so far.
from one person to another person
• Travel increases the risk of human-to-human transmission.
• Human-to-human transfer is not thought to be likely.
ready to react quickly to a difficult situation
• Maria was on alert for the baby’s birth.
• Rob is always on alert for biscuits!
arrange a meeting or gathering
• The department head convened a meeting to discuss redundancies.
• The politicians convened to debate the new legislation.
For more English videos and English lessons to help you learn English: www.bbclearningenglish.com
We like receiving and reading your comments – please use English when you comment.
#CoronaVirus #English #SpeakingEnglish